Monday, June 8, 2009

Days 2 and 3....so far so good.

Saturday was my day 2. I just scrubbed my scalp and hair with the safe conditioner, though I didn't attempt to do my hair so I can't really say if it would have passed muster or not. I put it up while it was still wet so this is how it looked when I took it down:
That's mostly my natural wave with some weird kinks in it....but hey, it's pretty shiny! Shiny is good.

This is Sunday, day 3. The night before I spent way too much time reading online about all sorts of alternative washes/rinses. (alternative to apple cider vinegar, that is) I decided to try a chamomile tea rinse since it's a little kinder to the hair than vinegar and certainly smells nicer! I just happened to have 12 spare egg yolks (haha, weird but true! that's what happens when you make angel food cake and have to use 12 egg whites- now, any ideas for the other 11?) so I mixed an egg yolk with some baking soda and diluted it with some water. I felt like a crazy chemist, or maybe just a crazy person. Then I rinsed with chamomile-mint tea (and water, you still wash it all out before you're done) and round brushed my hair with a boar bristle brush. Here was the result:

I can honestly say my hair felt great today! It didn't feel greasy at all and smelled like, well, chamomile tea. I think diluting down the baking soda was good because that made it less abrasive. The abrasiveness is good for cleaning the scalp but is also quite harsh, especially on fine, color-treated hair. (a.k.a mine)

I was very happy with my hair today! So far this experiment is going well. But I shouldn't tempt fate by getting too excited just yet...




Here I'm either winking or having a seizure. You decide:

No comments:

Post a Comment