Thursday, May 28, 2009

We hiked, we ate.

My Memorial Day weekend fun kicked off with some hiking at South Mountain. Not the prettiest scenery ever, but that's Phoenix for you. But the most important thing is the company and that was fantastic.



Ahhh, breakfast. We waited a long time to get a table at this tiny hole in the wall place, Matt's Big Breakfast. A long time. In the hot sun. Worth it? YES. I'm going to say best hash browns ever. Best waffles still belongs to Lolo's. Beware the boiling hot syrup though! I'm not kidding, we had Brandon's hand on ice after he learned the hard way that his container of syrup was the temperature of magma.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant, asked for a Diet Coke, and gotten the reply "Is Diet RC ok?" If you'd like that experience, go to MBB. I didn't even know RC existed anymore! But I do now. No it doesn't taste any better than I remember.



4 comments:

  1. You're awaiting my pictures to be able to finish the exciting weekend aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Not surprisingly I have very few pictures of the rest of my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was soooo great to see you! I miss you soooooo! I am still thinking about those hash browns ... I have daydreams about them and no, I don't drool all over my desk!! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh... I HATE Diet RC... got that at some little airport restuarant onetime... they had no coke or pepsi since it was a small private airport, but I took one sip and then gave up and ordered water. Blah!

    ReplyDelete