Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hair update.

I think it's time for an update on how my formerly-shampoo'ed hair is doing. The answer is spectacularly!! As you can see by my ticker, it's been one month, one week, and one day since shampoo touched my head and I am never (what never? no never. what never? well, hardly ever!*) going to shampoo again.

This was a couple weeks ago, but here is what we call super curly, thanks to Kate's tips for how to dry curly hair. It involves not combing the hair after getting out of the shower and not towel-drying it too much. I had to use my dryer with the diffuser because I just don't have time to fully air-dry. But I was surprised how much curlier it got. And look how short it looks!
Then we have the wavy look, below (different day; same backdrop; different white shirt, in case you were confused). No curling iron of any kind needed- this is my hair's natural wave, helped only by a little product and by pinning up the top half of my hair while it's still a tiny bit damp, blow-drying the bottom half with a boar-bristle round brush. My hair would never have this much body and wave when it was slicked down with cones and flattened by sulfates.


* Ten points to whoever gets the reference. Without google cheating! (and twenty extra points if you sing it to me next time you see me)

3 comments:

  1. I know! I know! I got it right away!!! Do you want me to say or give someone else a chance since it's no great surprise that I would know...

    So how exactly did you get your hair all curly like that (in the super curly photos I mean)? And your hair is really still that wavy now thanks to no-pooing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol gets 10 points!!!! (just because I know you know it)

    My hair has become much more wave-friendly but it's really just bringing out my natural curl/wave. If you don't have it naturally you won't be able to get it super curly like that though. It just takes a few steps. It isn't effortless though, I still have to coax it. I should go find Kate's tips and plagarize them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I'm going to need a tutorial on No-pooing. After reading yours and Melissa's blogs I decided to give it a try. My hair was awful!!!! It was super greasy at the roots and super dry (like straw) everywhere else. I couldn't style it at all and ended up in ponytails for several days. (Not a good look for me.) I read to only put the vinegar on the ends not on the roots of my hair but with short hair and layers, I found that almost impossible. I'm willing to try again if I can get the kinks worked out. P.s. I am so jealous of the curl in your hair. My hair is flat, flat, flat!!

    ReplyDelete