Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arson = bad

Dearest kids:

There are lots of mischievous* things you can do to occupy your time. But arson should not be one of them! I'm not advocating other crimes either but I'm just saying if you're going to break the law, don't set stuff on fire please. Why do I single out arson? Well, people have major trust issues with kids that set stuff on fire. No one will take you in residential placement if you're a known arsonist. And that is defined very broadly; you only need one conviction to be considered a full-blown arsonist apparently.

Sex offenders? No problem getting them treatment. But arsonists? Well, no one wants to sleep in the same building with you. Even the sex offenders.....
SO DON'T DO IT!

Your's Truly,
Your Attorney



*Recently there was a rolicking debate on the correct pronunciation of mishchievous. So I'm curious, how do YOU pronounce it?

5 comments:

  1. There is more than one way to pronounce mischevious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISS-chuh-vuss. Does that make sense to you? Basically, NOT "miss-CHEE-vee-uss," the other common way to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..... First of all your post was hilarious!

    As for the pronounciation.... I pronounce it just like Jenna does. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, there's no 'i' after the 'v' so it's NOT "mis-chee-vee-us"...that annoys me. Just like it annoys me when people pronounce comfortable as "comf-ter-ble". I am a bit of a pronunciation-nazi I suppose.

    Put the arsonist on a boat in the middle of a deep, deep, shark-infested lake...if he's dumb enough to set the boat on fire, he deserves his fate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No manner what Carol thinks:

    mis - chi- ev -ous!

    ReplyDelete