Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Days 5 and 6

It's been 6 days since shampoo touched my head and I'm loving it!
Here on Day 6, I was feeling the curly vibe so here you go: curly. Although I'm not feeling the loving karmic vibes from the universe because I got a freakin' speeding ticket on my way to FHE Monday night. Lame!! That's a real ticket from a real cop, not those stupid photo tickets that I don't pay. And I wouldn't have even gone that particular way had I not been going to Sunflower market first to get coconut oil. So I choose to blame my no-poo adventure for my ticket. (not myself for speeding.....allegedly)

Day 6 I washed with baking soda diluted in water and a couple drops of peppermint oil. Then I rinsed with diluted ACV with a few drops of sweet orange oil, which mostly took the icky vinegar smell away! I was in a hurry so I ended up scrunching more than I thought I would, but putting coconut oil on the ends helped to soften it up. (thanks for the tip, Kate!)

Day 7 I just rinsed with some chamomile tea and then used safe conditioner. I'll tell you what, my hair hasn't felt this soft since I was a kid!! Seriously! It's awesome. I round-brushed it and was pleased to see that my color seems to be holding up fine. (there was some fear that baking soda and/or vinegar would strip the color) But I think it looks okay so far.

I don't know how long to keep posting these pictures and updates....I wonder if this is interesting to anyone but me and my fellow no-poo'ers!

3 comments:

  1. Yay coconut oil! Just be sure not to overdo it. I've also been moisturizing with my coconut oil on my face and neck/chest. Curly looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, is some of the font on here crazy to anyone else?? Maybe it's because I wrote the post on Firefox at home and now at work I'm on IE and it doesn't translate? Weird!

    ReplyDelete