Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not even sure what to title this one!

There's probably no way to say this without sounding snotty, but here goes... (after all this is my blog) :P

I need somewhere to say this: I HATE DEBATING WITH STUPID PEOPLE! And there's a LOT of stupid people out there. And for some reason they all congregate on the debate board on babycenter. Don't ask me to explain what/where that is because you'll be tempted to go there, and I care too much about my blog readers to let you do that!

When I was in high school I took honors and AP classes. So I had classes with the same group of kids for the most part. I didn't turn 16 until my junior year and for some crazy reason I took Driver's Ed. the second half of that year. I'm not holding myself out to be a Mensa member or anything, but I didn't realize just how comfortable I was in my little zone of honors classes. So when I stepped outside my zone and took this Driver's Ed class with the 'general population' of my high school.....I hated it. I just had no idea how little I could relate to kids who were on a different intellectual level than me! Again that sounds so snotty but I'm just being honest about how I felt at the time.

What even brought back these memories from 12 years ago? I let boredom take me to the "Debate Team" board on babycenter and honestly, I want my brain cells back! Sadly I think several of them were irreparably harmed just from reading some of these so-called debates. You wouldn't believe the spin that has gone on in the world of abortion debates. There are all sorts of justifications for even elective, late-term abortions and it's really scary to realize people really think that way. But that can be a separate post all in itself.... I dared to post a few things on a few topics and quickly learned I was dealing with some real dipsticks. That's the nicest word I can come up with! Every now and then I will go there just to read all the posts and I seriously leave feeling much dumber than when I started.

Take, for instance, this lovely gem on a debate about the 'pregnant man' giving birth to a second child:

hes got girl parts down under. "he" wanted kids maybe so he only chopped his boobs and left the rest alone.

he had vag birth with no drugs for both births.


Oh, thank you for clearing that up...."he's got girl parts", great!

And more enlightening discussion from another nitwit:

its abnormal if its not considered "normal" by christian american standards then its wrong evil and the children will suffer. these children will not have body image issues because thats not what was wrong.. this person was born the wrong sex and in order to live sanely the did something about it. if anything these kids will learn that even god can make mistacks and that love and understanding everything will be ok.. these children will not judge people nor will they learn to hate what is different.. but what does that matter.. the only way to fit in is to be like normal hetero christians

Didn't you all know that God can make mistacks?? Didn't you know that? No, you must be evil hetero Christians.

But then how can you really take some of these people seriously when they have signatures like the following on all of their posts: (this one comes courtesy of a fellow named "ilovefairymen")

"One of Lifes Simple Joys is Playing With the Boys"

Straight? So is Spaghetti Till You Heat it Up!

I'm Gayer Then You!


SIGH.

3 comments:

  1. Katie, it's time to shut BBC out of your life FOREVER! For more reasons than just the plethora of stupid people who regularly make their presence known there. You have better ways to spend your precious time (like commenting on my blog, which hasn't happened in forever though that could be because I haven't posted much lately either.)

    I know what you mean though...I will venture into public places sometimes and be completely amazed at the general stupidity that abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you're so right. There's just no need.

    And FYI I've been anxiously awaiting a new post on your blog! I only recently got back into this blogging world, and now check the new posts that come up on my blog roll over there <--------

    So get posting.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to touch the abortion stuff, but I'm pretty sure you damaged me enough with that single quote. I'm never getting that back.

    ReplyDelete